Saturday, April 4, 2015

What Motivates You???

In our fast paced world, full of busy schedules, traffic jams, and personal demands, making time for exercise can sometimes be found at the bottom of the list of “things to do today”. We all know the countless benefits of exercise, but for some of us, the road to our goals seems too long to even start on. I’m motivated by my sheer passion to help others, to be a model of what exercise looks like, and from being just being Type A about practically everything. Some of us are motivated by results; what the scale sales, the inches lost, or the body fat and BMI loss. Some of us are motivated by how our clothes start to feel looser or the compliments from others when they notice the changes. Other motivators include lowering cholesterol, blood pressure, and weaning off certain medications.
I like to think of my client’s training sessions as their own personal hour, just about them, just about their life. I want to know how your day was, how your kids and spouse are, not just what you ate or how many minutes that elliptical got used. After I learn about these areas of your life, I get to see “What Motivates You??” Face it, your spouse of 4 years or more loves you regardless, your kids worship you regardless, and the people you work with will be their tomorrow and the next day after that whether or not you exercise. My point is that we have to do this for ourselves, not for someone else. When it is a priority to you, the training session is like a meeting you won’t miss. Then there are pieces you must do on your own to prepare for the next meeting (training session); i.e. working out at home on your own without my eye on you. Yes, it takes time. Yes, it isn’t always convenient. Yes, it can be boring. Yes, you might have to wake up earlier or stay up later. It is all worth it when you look in the mirror and the reflection is one that puts a little smirk on your face that says, “I like what I see”. A positive self-image, positively impacts other areas of your life. Let that reflection motivate you, and I will see you at our next meeting.
Thanks for visiting my Blog!


Megan Johnson McCullough
Every BODY's Fit

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first Blog, Megan. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What motivates me? You do, Megan! :-) Thank you for that. Love you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog, Megan, and what a great question for us to think about. Thanks for being genuinely interested in each individual. You're a real PERSONAL trainer!

    ReplyDelete