Saturday, April 11, 2015

First Video Production


Nerves, sweat, and lots of adrenaline…. shooting my first videos was a mix of emotions. I kept repeating in my head, “Perfect form, smile, say something”. But hey, the next set of videos I’ll have a chip on my shoulder like I know what I’m doing.

As a result, it made me think about my style of training. I’m no drill sergeant and certainly not a cheerleader, but just like I was playing basketball growing up, I lead by example. As the saying goes, “I practice what I preach”. The personal training hour shouldn’t be agonizing, silent, or brutally serious. Our conversations, music, and talk shows, ironically, keep us focused and moving. To me, motivating others is being honest, having a solid plan of attack by having each session prepared, and always keeping clients on their toes. Beyond the warm up, each session is a different circuit of exercises. Variety is extremely important to me because the body needs to be challenged differently in order to never peak or adapt. Honestly, my Sunday afternoon session planning is the most important part of the week to me. Your hour is valuable, and to me, I want no lag time contemplating on what we should do next. 

Ideas are still floating in my head as to what directions I want to pursue with the videos. To start, each video will be 30 minutes, all body weight exercises in the first series, and can be done in your living room. Once released, please support this endeavor and new goal of mine to propel its success and production of more.

6 comments:

  1. Great Job Megan!! I can't wait for your videos to come out! I really enjoy the way you always switch up workouts! It super thoughtful and great for me since I never know what to expect...well except that I will be sweating! lol! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. megan, you described yourself perfectly! Thanks for keeping me motivated and for making our workouts fun! I feel lucky to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the videos! I have seen major changes in my body and mind since I started with you. Thank you for both! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for another great workout today, Megan! Looking forward to the videos for more motivation and inspiration throughout the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for another great workout today, Megan! Looking forward to the videos for more motivation and inspiration throughout the week.

    ReplyDelete